Car photos can be nice, but they are even better when in motion. In this tutorial I will show you how to make it appear like a car is going at a high speed, while in the image you are going to use it may even be parked, it doesn't really matter.
Now before you start, here's before/after comparison:
1) Begin by opening the source image in Adobe Photoshop
2) Select Polygonal Lasso Tool (you might need to right click on Lasso Tool or Magnetic Lasso Tool to access it)
3) Set it up like in image below
4) Start clicking your mouse around the car until you have made a selection in a shape of car
Selection should be looking like this:
5) Go to Select > Inverse, so you have selected everything else apart from the car
6) Go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur
7) Set the Angle to the angle that car is driving at in photo and Distance to around 45 pixels, experiment with using different values. More distance = more speed, but don't go over the top.
8) Take Select > Deselect and you're done!
This method is great and easy if you want to show motion and speed while looking at the side of the car, but different angle might need a different approach, which I will show in the next tutorial.